Saturday, June 24, 2006

Chess blogging - truly international

At some point, probably every blogger get curious and tries to find out if actually anybody is reading her/his articles. After looking at the visitor information provided by statcounter I got quite excited seeing that chess blog readers are coming from all over the world. This activated my ancient gathering instincts and I started to "collect" countries. Up to now, readers from 42 different countries (see below) visited "Getting Into Chess". The majority of my blog readers (about 35%) come from the USA followed by Canada, and I just noticed the first visitor from the arguably greatest chess nation - Russia (I thought all people there would be chess masters, so it is a mystery to me why somebody from Russia would read the thoughts of a beginner, must be some kind of accident).
Best wishes and many good chess games to all of you! Please let me now if I missed your home country. List of countries in alphabetical order: Argentina, Australia, Bahrein, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Togo, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, and Zambia.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sancho Pawnza said...

The Russian hits are more than likely webcrawlers or spambots.

Very nice site btw.


ps You might want to turn "word verification" on.
Settings/Comments

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home