Thursday, September 14, 2006

This blog is moving!

This is the 53rd post on this blog and it will be the last under this address. I decided to move the Getting Into Chess blog to my new chess website, SquirrelChess.com. Originally, I used SquirrelChess.com only to host my small collection of annotated games and to experiment with content management systems (CMS). However, the more I learnt about CMS and particularly Joomla!, the more I liked it. CMSs are a bit like various blog services like Blogger: content is created and edited with simple web forms and not much knowledge about programming is needed to produce nicely formatted webpages, although the content is stored in a database and the webpages are dynamically generated. In contrast to pure blog platforms, however, Joomla! is extremely flexible and allows to create more complex websites. Therefore, I decided to take this experiment public and move this blog to its new home.

Please update your bookmarks to point to SquirrelChess.com, and if you are running a blog or website yourself and link here, I would appreciate if you could also change the links in your blogroll - thanks!. All old posts have been copied to the new site, but I will not delete the old blog posts here to avoid breaking links to old articles. New material will be posted exclusively at SquirrelChess.com, though. I assembled a link page with the links from the blogroll of this blog and a few more. I hope that I transferred everything correctly, if not, please get in touch with me and let me know.

The RSS feed hosted by Feedburner will continue to work. However, if you belong to one of the very few people who subscribed to my RSS feed before I started using Feedburner in April, you will have to update the feed's address by clicking here and following the instructions to subscribe to the new newsfeed.

Finally, I'd like to thank all visitors of this blog, particularly those who left all the insightful comments - I learnt a lot from you! (Unfortunately, I did not find a way [yet] to move the comments to the new site)

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what its worth, you actually don't need to get people update their RSS. I have a Blog powered by Joomla that's about Joomla. I actually use feedburner to suck in the Joomla RSS and create a blog from there.

People are more comfortable with what they are familier with and that icon has high recongnition.

http://www.compassdesigns.net/joomla-blog

8:42 PM  
Blogger sciurus said...

Thanks for the information. I am actually using Feedburner already.

BTW, funny how small the world is: The template I am using for my new site is based on the tutorial from your site. Great work, it was very helpful!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well and interesting chess blog:)
keep it up man!

kindly, visit my blog related to chess to...

ChessPlayingGuide.Com

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Test

1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

You have an interesting blog.

Hey do you want to access your favorite social networking site when you are away from your pc???? You can do it through your mobile and your phone doesn’t need to support internet or GPRS for this.

Check out this MoDazzle site.
www.modazzle.com/cms/userLogin.html?channel=CM&camp=mobilenethw

MoDazzle gives you the opportunity to access SalesForce, Linkedin and Facebook on your mobile via SMS and email without internet or GPRS. You can also access other online services like Google maps Starbucks etc.

Happy New Year

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Aashi siva said...

Someone essentially lend a hand to make severely posts I would state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit incredible. Fantastic job!

Corporate Training in Chennai

8:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


the site contains a very great article. the information present in this site will be very useful for us. thank you for sharing the blog with us.
ROI Services in Chennai

8:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The blog is very interesting and will be much useful for us. thank you for sharing the blog with us. please keep on updating.
ROI Services in Chennai

7:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


Superb i really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really its a amazing article i had ever read. I hope it will help a lot for all. Thank you so much for this amazing posts and please keep update like this excellent article.thank you for sharing such a great blog with us. expecting for your updation.
Hadoop Training in chennai

3:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This post is really nice and informative. The explanation given is really comprehensive and informative..
iOS App Development Company in India

6:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable information. We strive to provide our candidates with excellent care and we take your comments to heart.As always, we appreciate your confidence and trust in us.

Tooth Braces In Chennai

Dental Hospital in Chennai

8:45 AM  
Blogger anupavi said...

This is a great article, I have been always to read something with specific tips! I will have to work on the time for scheduling my learning.

Web Design Company in Chennai

5:19 AM  
Blogger Amelia Lily said...

I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work..
Industrial Architecture
Warehouse Architect
Civil Engineering Consultants
Office Interiors in Chennai

6:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got lot of informations from your blog.Please keep us informed like this.And thanks for sharing!!!
Seo Company in Chennai
Digital Marketing Company in Chennai

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working
with? I'm going to start my own blog soon but I'm having a
tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and
Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm
looking for something unique.
P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

12:54 AM  
Blogger akash thakur said...

hello sir,
thanks for giving that type of information.Glass Laminated Doors suppliers in karnataka

3:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Most of the Calgary roofers are going to be certified, dependable, and honest in their work. But not all roofing companies in Calgary offer the same quality of shingles or other roofing materials. And every Calgary roofing company has different guarantees and warranty offers.

2:00 AM  
Blogger winsome computer media & services said...

thanks for sharing
custom software development
mlm software
multi level marketing software
mlm software development company
best mlm software
direct selling software

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home